Online Learning – Site Safety Plan
Further to the District Biohazardous Exposure Control Plan and the COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan (V2.0), this addendum represents the site specific application of most effective to least effective measures to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission, where practicable.
The following additional measures are listed below:
Learning Space Configuration
- Desks and tables have been arranged to maximize space between staff/students.
- Where possible, people are arranged to minimize facing one another directly, i.e., collaboration spaces are spaced apart and independent activity is encouraged.
- Assigned seating is arranged.
- If weather permits and without impact on HVAC systems, staff have been advised to open windows.
Cleaning and disinfection
- As per section 3.0 Work Environment & 4.0 Cleaning and disinfection protocols.
- Teachers and support staff have been provided with disinfection solution and have been trained on its safe use.
Ventilation and air exchange
- School’s ventilation system is serviced and operating to specifications. It is regularly checked by District Maintenance staff and those same staff are available for emergency or non-emergency callout.
- Columbia Square property management has put in Merv 10 filters (February 2021).
Other additional Environmental Measures:
- Refilling water stations are cleaned and disinfected and are to be used to refill personal containers.
Entrance & Exits
To avoid crowding in common spaces, entrance and exits students enter and exit in single file and are led by their classroom teachers. Multiple designated entry/exit points are assigned to accommodate for staggered entry/exit.
Floor plans with exits and entrances marked with pedestrian directions, where applicable, are available to staff at each site/school.
Physical distancing outside of learning groups are maintained
- where possible at 2m between staff and students when indoors for elementary
- between staff and students at all times for middle and secondary
- physical distancing posters are posted in high visibility/traffic areas
Learning groups/cohorts remain consistent and are changed on a minimal frequency (i.e. quarter semester or not at all throughout the school year.)
- Please refer to the respective program schedule:
Staff only common spaces (e.g. break rooms, copy rooms, mail room, etc.)
- Visual cues on occupancy limits, and posters on physical distancing, hand hygiene, ‘how to wear a face masks’ are posted. Limits are strictly enforced.
- Opportunities for food preparation and or food consumption have been removed or restricted.
Itinerant Staff workspace has been designated, extra supplies of the disinfection solution, hand hygiene stations, and/or physical barriers are provided. Workspace assignment is centralized in the general office. Refer to personal measures for daily health check.
TTOC, Sub EA, casual support staff have been instructed to follow protocols and site-specific orientation protocols are provided at each school/site. Limits are strictly enforced. Refer to personal measures for daily health check.
All visitors are required to complete a daily health check prior to entry. Visitors are not permitted to enter the site unless are such entry is deemed essential by the Principal or designate.
Other additional Administrative Measures:
Daily Health Checks
- Staff and all other adult visitors are required to declare that they have completed a daily health check. Declaration sheet is located at first point of entry on site.
- Parents and students are been reminded of their responsibilities.
- Strategically located posters remind all of the Daily Health Check requirements.
- During staff meetings and PA announcements, staff and students are reminded to complete the daily health check each day and before entering the school/site.
Stay Home When Sick Messaging
- During staff meetings and PA announcements, staff and students are reminded to stay home when sick.
- Strategically located posters/signage reminders.
Other additional Personal Measures:
- Staff, itinerant staff, and visitors (who are able to), wear masks in accordance with the K-12 Health & Safety Guidelines.
- Students (who are able to), wear masks in accordance with the K-12 Health & Safety Guidelines.
- Extra supply of masks are available at the front desk for those how have forgotten theirs.
- Extra dust masks or non surgical masks are provided in each classroom’s emergency bag.
Other additional PPE Measures:
- OHSR G3.3 Written instructions, training, and supervision: COVID-19 Safety Plan
- WorkSafeBC site safety plan template
- BCCDC Health & Safety Check http://www.bccdc.ca/schools/Documents/Health_Safety_Checklist.pdf